I noticed a mistake on the birth certificate, how can I get this corrected?

In most cases, if it is within 6 months of the actual birth you can contact the Clerk’s Office at (802) 865-7000 or fill out the Correction Form and mail it to 149 Church Street, Burlington, VT 05401 Attn: Vital Records. If it is after six months, you will need to contact the Probate Court located at 175 Main Street, or call them at (802) 651-1518. Changes to a child’s last name or a parents last name also require a probate court order, regardless of the date of birth.