What if I am looking for a birth certificate of someone who was not born in Burlington?

If the person was not born in Burlington, you must contact the town in which the person was born to receive a copy of the certificate. If you’re unsure of what town they were born in, you may contact the State of Vermont Archives to obtain any birth record of someone who was born in any town in Vermont. For information on records over 5 years old call (802) 828-3286. For those less than 5 years old contact (802) 863-7275.